Friday, November 29, 2019

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

As a child, I would lay in the field near my home and become transfixed on a star and sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. 

I would 'make a wish' mainly to be transported to some far-away place or even a different planet. Tonight, I found myself looking at a star that took me back to that place where I made so many wishes. Except now, my desire is not to leave to another planet and not even far away. 

Maybe just another town a little north of here, where I found my first dose of serenity in years. 

A place where I experienced the mind cleansing effect of nature and people full of love, laughter, and warmth who love the simple things. A place where life may not be perfect but, for me, a place where innocence, wonder, and wishes still exist.  ~ Written by 
Kym L. Pasqualini

No comments:

Post a Comment